- What is American Specialty Health's hiring process?
Applicants should apply for positions of interest that meet their skill set and minimum qualifications. Human Resources (HR) and/or the department manager will review applications and select candidate(s) to move forward for a phone interview. If you are selected for a phone interview, a HR representative will contact you to schedule a time to speak. Following your phone interview, HR will review your information and determine if an onsite interview should be scheduled.
- Do I need a user name and password to submit an application?
You do not need to create a username and password before submitting an application. You will be able to easily and quickly upload your resume or use one of the other options available to apply.
- Do I need a valid e-mail address to apply?
You do need a valid email address to apply. If you do not have one, we recommend you create a valid email address so you can receive email notifications from us regarding the status of your application. There are many free and easy-to-navigate email providers to choose from, such as Apple, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, and Google.
- What if I need assistance applying or do not have computer access?
- If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online Career Center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact Human Resources at 800.848.3555, ext. 6702. If you do not have computer access, we recommend visiting your local library.
- How do I retrieve my forgotten or lost password?
Since the candidate is not creating a profile upfront, there is no password to remember. Candidates will create a password when they validate their job seeker account by clicking the link to check their application status from the ‘thank you for applying’ email; if they are requested to complete an online form after submission; or are hired and asked to start the onboarding process. In this case, candidates can reset their password on the following page: Password Reset .
- How do I apply for more than one job?
Candidates do not have to log into any type of profile, so they can apply to the first job, select another job and apply using the same apply options (Resume, Dropbox, Upload a File, Type or Paste Resume, etc.). There is one option called Past Application that would direct the candidate to log into their job seeker account and allows them to use a resume from a previous submission.
- How do I check the status of my application?
Candidates can click the link found in the ‘thank you for applying’ email to validate their job seeker account. Once validated, they can navigate to the application section to see their submission(s) and status. Once validated they can follow these steps:
- Go to Career site
- Click ‘Check on an application you’ve submitted link’
- Enter username and password
- Click Applications tab
- What do I do if I get disconnected in the middle of my application?
Partial submissions are not saved. Candidates will need to start the submission process over if they are disconnected in the middle of the application process.
- Can I update my profile and application?
Candidates do not have the ability to update their own profile. They can log into their job seeker account to show jobs in which they have applied and the status of the submission(s). If they click on the job title, they will see messages sent to them (they would have received these in their email as well) and the ability to send an email to the recruiter.
- How much work history should I provide?
Please include a minimum of 7 years of work experience. Providing a complete application will allow Human Resources and the department manager to better assess your qualifications for the position.
- How accurate does my application need to be?
Applications should be complete and truthful. Omissions or falsifications could prevent you from being considered for a position.
- What if I don't know my exact dates of employment?
We expect accurate information. If you do not have your exact dates of employment, contact your previous employer(s) to verify. If you are unable to contact your previous employer(s), refer to your tax records or contact the Social Security Administration for records.
- What if I attach the incorrect document to my profile?
Candidates should send the updated document(s) to the recruiter and the recruiter can upload into the candidate’s profile.
- What happens to the application after I apply?
Human Resources reviews applications to determine minimum qualifications have been met and work experience fits the requirements for the position. If there is a match between the position and your experience, a HR representative will contact you to further discuss your history.
- I did not receive an email confirmation when I submitted my application. How will I know that you received my application?
- Candidates can log into their Job Seeker Account to view their submission and status.
- I was not selected for an interview. Can I apply for other positions?
You are welcome to apply for any position in which you are interested, if your experience meets the minimum qualifications.
- What if I no longer see a position posted?
If a position is no longer posted, this indicates we are no longer accepting applications for the opening or the opening has been filled.
- I have applied for many positions and have not received a call for an interview. Can someone give me advice?
We appreciate your continued interest in American Specialty Health. When applying for a position, ensure you have included at least 7 years of work experience and you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. This information will assist in expediting the review process.
- Will I be contacted if I am not being considered for the position to which I applied?
Once we have reviewed applications and completed the interview process, we will inform candidates who are not being considered for the position.
- I interviewed for a position; when should I hear something?
- Candidates can log into their Job Seeker Account to see their submission and status.
- When will my references be checked?
Candidates will be notified and asked to complete an authorization form prior to any background screenings and reference checks.
- How can I speak to someone regarding my application?
If your experience matches the qualifications of the position in which you applied, you will be contacted by the recruitment team for an interview.
- How will I know if American Specialty Health has received my application?
- An email will be sent to your email address on file to confirm receipt of your application.
- If I accept another offer while in the interview process with American Specialty Health, how can I notify you?
- Once you have been contacted by the recruitment team, you can keep us informed by sending a note to the email address located in the email signature.
- What testing should I expect during the recruitment process at American Specialty Health?
We use assessments to measure specific skills such as typing, data entry, spelling/grammar, proofreading, software proficiency, and position-specific tests. Our technical positions also assess logic and domain knowledge.
- How long is the onsite interview?
Most interviews are completed within one to two hours. For certain positions, interviews may take up to 4 hours to complete. Human Resources will let you know how long you can anticipate being onsite.
- What should I bring with me to the onsite interview?
- Please bring your positive attitude, a copy of your resume, and a photo ID as you will be checking in with security.
- What should I wear to the onsite interview?
- Dressing professionally during an interview makes a great first impression! Once hired, our employee dress code is business casual.
- How long does it take to make a decision after an interview?
- Once we finish interviewing all qualified candidates and reviewed any required assessments, we aim to make a final decision within several business days.
- I work for an employment agency, temporary staffing firm, or consulting business. How can I present applicants to you?
- If you are interested in providing information about your agency, firm, or business, you can connect with us at HRmail@ashn.com. Please refrain from contacting our hiring managers directly.
- I need a work permit to work in the United States. Will you sponsor me?
- For certain positions only, we offer assistance to eligible workers seeking a TN or H-1B visa. Each case is reviewed individually.
- Where can I view the equal employment opportunity poster?
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.